Thanks for checking my new cosplay blog! If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! I will gladly answer, whether it's english, french or spanish!


2013-03-20

Cosplayers and haters

I know it's been a while, but I have to stand up to cosplay bullying.

I was so happy to be featured on Otaku House with my boyfriend Tormantor with our Legend of Korra cosplays :


I really like this picture. Or so I did... Before all the mean comments we got on the Otaku House page : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152166243752137&set=a.10152142177522137.1073741826.151208427136&type=1&ref=nf

We are human beings. We are not perfect. We do cosplays because we like the characters, their costumes and all. We don't do it because we are IDENTICAL to them.

I got tons of hate messages saying I'm too large, not the right skin color, that the costume was far from accurate and it was actually a fail. People that say those things don't understand how hard it is on your self esteem when most of the time you get nice comments for it.
Yes it's not 100% accurate because I only got a couple of days to make it before a con, so there's tons of little details I would like to change on it, but it's not FAR from accurate, it's just not perfect, like most costumes anyways.
I'm not darker skinned like Korra, I'm white. Actually, I'm a lot paler in real life than in the picture because I had tons of bronzer on... Are you saying I shouldn't cosplay her because I'm not the right skin color? Are you saying dark skinned people should not cosplay light skinned characters? That's ridiculous! Skin color or ethnic origins should not impact cosplay at all! Most anime/manga/video games refer to asian culture, so technically I'm doind it wrong all the time. Read what she has to say about thats : http://www.xojane.com/issues/mad-back-cosplayer-chaka-cumberbatch
Hate beacause I'm too chubby? Had too many donuts? Come on people... it's not 3rd grade! Cosplay should not be defined by the physical shape. It's not because you're larger - or smaller - than a character that you won't portrait it nicely. Sure, you won't be PERFECT, but NOBODY'S PERFECT!!! Plus, Korra has an atheltic built. I'm less than 10 lbs away from her shape, so your point is invalid.

For a community that gets bullied all the time for being nerds and weirdos, a lot of people sure can be asses. If this picture was showcased on Otaku House's Facebook page, it's because it's a nice picture and the cosplays are more than decent. If you don't like it, don't click "like". You don't have to bash anybody else's work.

Sorry for the angry post, but poeple just get me so mad sometimes.









Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire